Thursday, July 21, 2005

Day 659

This is my blog - about infertility. I've decided that since everything seems to hurt - perhaps this will help. Maybe it wont - but it was worth a shot. Beside, if i'm writting on here, i'm not talking my dh's ear off... and that could be a very good thing at times.

We've been TTC for 659 days now, and yesterday we found out that our ONLY option is IVF. Lets not start with anything "little" - we go right to the top. I'm kind of happy about being able to skip other steps that might have brought us to IVF in any case - but at the same time I really wanted things to be "fixable". It's apparently impossible - we will NEVER have children naturally - like NORMAL people do. NEVER.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winnifred...I lurk on the Canadian Ivf'ers thread on Fertility Friend. In fact I was one of them.
Reading your blog made me so sad. You are me 2 years ago. Well I should say longer than that. My husband and I tried for a year and a half before finding out that our problem was MFI. I know how you feel. We too were told our only chance to have babies was IVF. That was a scary and sad thing to hear. I remember feeling like it would never happen.
But for us it did. We got pregnant on our first IVF with twins and they are now almost 8 months old. I am not posting to tell you...look it will happen...although i certainly pray for you it does...but i am posting to tell you I know how you feel...you are not alone...i could have written your blog...i too would cry all the time at the drop of a hat...i too felt uncomfortable with even those close to me and i too was so sad..and still am sometimes at the thought that we will never get pregnant without a team of people intervening. But at the same time...i am happy that there is ivf...and i want to tell you that if you are fine your chances of it working are so good. I will definitely say lots of prayers for you.

Angela (2chi&theboys)

July 27, 2005 10:18 PM  
Blogger Winnifred said...

THANK YOU Angela.

I'm so glad you commented... I have found a few people that went through my exact scenario with positive outcomes - and just knowing that DOES help. So thank you for sharing. And thank you for thinking of me.

Congratulations on your twins - I will keep reading your post to keep focus...



thank you.

July 28, 2005 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home