Wednesday, August 03, 2005

party CRAP.

I'm sitting at work crying.

Mom emailed me saying "some people" in the family hadn't gotten the invite to our house warming next week-end (the 13th)... but yet my cousin, who LIVES with them got it. In my email it said "pass it on to those who didn't get it" and i did send it to them - but to an old invalid address apparently. "apparently" they informed me a while back of their address change. If they did that, they did it to my OLD address. So there, they were the first to mess up - cause i never got their change of address.

they claim that only my other cousin probably got it and it went unnoticed. I don't even have his email address. AND they said they only reason they now know is cause i talked to J. about it the other night via msn. SHE BROUGHT IT UP - i didn't. so obviously SHE KNEW. They're just being picky. it's annoying me to no end.

another aunt said "she can't open it" she can NEVER open my stuff - usually because of typos. She can view my site - so SHE CAN SEE the damn invite. JUST CLICK ON THE LINK or copy and paste. SIMPLE.

I just wrote back to my mom saying "listen, i tried my best, i don't have time to tripple check that each family member got an invite - they know about it - so what's the issue?"

Then i went on to say I was in a really bad mood - and that I probably shouldn't have ever attempted the house warming party. it was supposed to be casual "pass it around" type of invitation... ON TOP OF IT that aunt & uncle probably can't come.... so they're just complaining for NO REASON.


I've been playing tag with the fertility clinic as well as local clinics for appointments. I am stressed to the MAX... and I'm behind in my work. AND our house isn't "house warming ready" :( my office looks like a war zone... and our dishwasher's broken (well, only because the watersoftner is broken)... we have walls that needed to be painted, but now most likely wont be painted till later. and as much as that doesn't "reall" matter - we had the ceilings painted, so those wall have white paint for about 2 inches all around the room... sloppy! Oh - and to make everything worse, the flower beds look abandonned - cause frankly they are... but how welcoming can that possibly be?

OH - and this week-end while at a family party my sister WHO WILL BE HELPING ME that day says "your party is on the 13th... right?" what!? as if she didn't remember. aaarrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh.


Like i really need to worry about this? Not the party in general - that part isn't stressful - but apparently this only works if i send out individually addressed invitations? BULL. If they're that offended, can't they just keep it to themselves AND STAY HOME?


I'm still sick... which i'm hoping people will associate to my now really red eyes if they walk in my office. I hate that i was so direct with my mom - but I CAN'T HANDLE EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW. It's not like the "only thing" in my life at this moment is our house warming... that part if FLUFF - just a nice get together to see people we haven't seen in a while :) and to show off our new home.


Maybe i should email them and say "listen, it was just a general invite, but in fact i really didn't expect (read: WANT) you to come"?!

:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home