Saturday, November 19, 2005

"you can't hurry love"

I LOVE that song. LOVE it. I would have to say it's my ALL TIME absolute favorite song. And... the fact that the dixie chicks sing it is just so perfect... 3 chicks singing my favorite song :)

I was on the road this morning between a client's home and my lab pickup... and it came on... i blasted it :) I don't have that version (i don't actually have any version of it!) so I rely on being at the right spot, at the right time and the radio deciding it's an annie moment ;) ah!Ha!

I went from the pick up at the lab to the mall to pick up something... i REALLY had to pee... as I was leaving the washroom I bumped into a lady while opening the door to leave (she was going in!) so i held the door and she said "sorry about that! thank you..." and i said "you're welcome..." and she said "have a wonderful day..." spoken frank, loudly. Not the "thanks" under her breath like most... then again, saying thanks is better than not in any voice. I walked down the hallway back to the mall with a bounce in my step - this woman had just in 2 seconds gone out of her way to be really nice :)

Head to hallmark - I find what I think is the PERFECT baptism gift... which is good, cause i was freaking out!! I'm a godmom as of... tomorrow!! and i had no ideas... well, i had a few ideas, but i really wasn't sure what to get her... I found this BEAUTIFUL box that i'm turning into an inspiration box.... that I will promise to keep building through the years... I'm going to have a few song lyrics printed to put in it - and a few quotes/stories/poems... things from little girls to eventually young woman... and I hope that through the years she brings out the box to remember to DREAM... to remember that she can do ANYTHING she puts her mind to. She has her whole life ahead of her... :)

i was in and out of the mall quicker than i thought possible!! :) head to my lunch date with a girlfriend to give her her christmas gift, personalized christmas cards - see how i had to give it to her NOW? :) that was a wonderful break... From there went to Reitmans, and found something to wear tomorrow!! and of course a few other pieces of clothing - because i seriously cannot go in there without finding clothes that fit me well!!

Then i went to walmart - for ribbon... it was PACKED - crazy packed... but by some weird twist - i got my ribbon and got to the fast cash - nobody was in line - went right through - even though ALL the lines were really busy and walked out. It was as if the store was SUPER busy - but yet it was empty, just for me. weird. BUT while I was there - MY song came on "you can't hurry love" AGAIN. TWICE in one day. This time, the original (or the version i think is the original... not positive on that one...) how's that for weird? TWICE in one day when i usually only hear it abou twice a year typically? I swear it was "my day" :)

Went to buy a calling card so i could call my sister in Mexico... stopped at Tim's for a treat - just a coffee :) drove home... started working on the inspiration for my box!! and 6pm rolls around, my date time with my sister on the phone - I manage to reach her after having to wait cause i was getting a weird busy signal, she came on msn and said "ok, try now" and i did - and we talked for 45 minutes :)

while at walmart though i saw a woman with her bf/husband walking... and she was crying... trying to hold it in, but obviously in a whole lot of pain. i stood there thinking "OH I KNOW..." even if i have NO idea what she was crying about - but I still know what it's like to be in that state. OF COURSE she's probably dealing with something much worse... and even though my pain is tiny in comparasion to most - I still cry nearly daily... but not today.

And just like that - a written short version of my "great" day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home