Sunday, September 25, 2005

Being one of "them"

The cloud of denial is lifting. THREE months of living in denial - even though sometimes I could convince myself I wasn't - i obviously was, because THIS pain is real - and it used to be masked by something - and that had to be denial. And YES, it does hurt. a lot. It's about to get more real when we start the actual procedures, of course.

For the first time since we've been diagnosed - I feel like "i'm one of them" - one of the intertile ones. You know - the thing that will NEVER ever happen to YOU - that happens to OTHERS. others only. Just like everything in life we're told that "others" could be "you" at any point in time. But you live in denial - and you refuse to believe it. "Sure, maybe i'll have a bit of a harder time - fine... but come on, i'll never do in-vitro... that doesn't happen to people like me"
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT? WHY is our mind conditioned to think that way? OF COURSE "THEM" CAN BE "US".

And just like that, I became one of them. And I'm sure that many of the people dealing with this have had this same feeling.... right? I cannot be alone in this thinking. To think that "one of them" refers to ME now - is ODD. When people talk about "infertile couples" - they mean people LIKE ME.

I am one of them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Paula said...

I know this post is from oh so very long ago...but we just recieved our Dx today and I was looking for blogs to see if anyone else was in the same boat...and I found you!

This post sums up EXACTLY how I'm feeling right now. This just doesn't happen to me...it happens to someone else...

Thanks for being brave enough to post this to help people like me! I apprecitate it!

October 29, 2012 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home