Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Things do NOT happen for a reason.

I don't believe that "everything happens for a reason" and I resent those that do.

My SIL does. She strongly believes that. Everytime I hear her say it I want to slap her. (goodness, i'm not normally that mean!!)

To me, and this is pushing it - i know... but those who believe this have NOT had anything "bad" in their lives. My life, as a whole is DARN GOOD... but STILL a long time ago I found out that "things don't happen for a reason"... Sure, there was a reason i met my husband... i believe that... but I don't believe the bad.

Why did my grandmother die of ovarian cancer at 54?
Why did my grandfather die when I was in grade 5 of a heart attack, months after having surgery that was supposed to give him a longer life?
Why did my other grandfather die when I was enjoying myself in PARIS?
Why did my uncle drown on a june night 25 years ago?
Why did my aunt die in a CAR ACCIDENT in her 40s?
Why did my cousin die in a CAR ACCIDENT just months ago?
Why is my brother completely disconnected?
Why does my cousin's husband have to spend time fighting a stupid war in the middle east?
Why does my sister suffer from chronic fatigue?
Why do some people stay in emotionally/verbally abusive relationships?
Why do bad people become "parents"?

Why are we suffering from infertility?

[... the list goes on ...]


Honestly - to those that believe EVERYTHING happens for a reason - how can they explain ANY of the "things" i've listed? I know often, this comes from religious people that strongly believe in God... I know that. I obviously don't have strong beliefs (if any) and i know my SIL doesn't either... it's just something she prides herself in believing. WHY? And can't she see that it's NOT TRUE? Not just her - but everybody.


THINGS don't happen for a reason. NOT ALWAYS. That's just crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home