Monday, March 27, 2006

morning sickness...

is officially here. I said that to my dh this morning, that it was official - i seriously have morning sickness and he said "YAHOO!!!" i was like "thanks hun..." but he too likes seeing symptoms - it makes it more real.

So for the past 4 days i've felt HORRIBLE - today being the worse by far. I can hardly eat anything (although i haven't actually puked - tmi!!) but everything smells/sounds AWFUL. Even the smell of soda crackers made me feel ill this afternoon... ?!

as much as I'm still not complaining... cause i'm NOT.... being sick makes it quite hard to operate a normal life. I go to work tomorrow - it's gonna be a LONG day!!


On the IF front - i was at a wedding this week-end, a beautiful wedding for 2 people that are really really happy! but i sat with friends that i haven't spent time with in a long time. I work with the guy (he's my supervisor - i've mentioned him in this blog before) and he knows a bit about what we've gone through because again, i work for him. Anyways - SHE had no barriers. My closest friends that I've told haven't asked ME about IF - they've waited for ME to offer as much or little as I pleased. She was FULL of specific questions that I couldn't help but answer. I couldn't exactly walk away - there was a seating plan....... I couldn't be RUDE. I was just beside myself that she'd ask me, at a wedding, sitting with 8 other people very private questions from "how much did it cost" to "did the procedures hurt" to asking about my dh's procedures... anyways- the whole thing left me speechless. THEN she dares say "but it's soooooo worth it" because of course she has 2 kids that came with the first try. By then I was so annoyed i almost said "Really? YOU think so? You sure as hell don't act like it..." cause their parenting skills leave a lot to be desired. I bitched almost the whole way home to my poor dh. Oh - and of course she thinks she's on the priviledge list cause we're friends - but that's NOT why she knows. the ONLY reason she knows is cause I had shared with P. and I couldn't exactly say "we wont know for months if it worked..." so she only knows by association. I hope i don't have to see her for a long time. Ok - i feel like a real bitch for having written that - but she bugged me SOOOOOOO much i had to get it out. You'd think she'd have more tact... more respect. this is the same woman that gave me pitty looks at christmas when she saw me for the first time after finding out (again by association to her dh) and I burst into tears at the damn office party because of the way she kept looking at me. It was like a look of "i'm sorry for you" but it was the SAME LOOK you get at funerals when somebody REALLY close to you has died. And I cry at those too.


Change of topic again (goodness i thought i had nothing to write!) On Sunday (the 26th) it was a year since my cousin was killed in a car accident. My cousin, the identical twin. We found out we were having twins 3 days before the 1 yr annivesary. Weird, no? It's going to be a shock to my aunt i think that we're having twins.....



Ok.... that's all. for real.

6w6d pregnant, and nauseated!

3 Comments:

Blogger x said...

Morning sickness, yuck. I'll take every IVF side effect if I can have a "get out of morning sickness" card someday.
I hope you can get some food down.

Sorry about the friend at the wedding. Some people have no tact at all.

March 27, 2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Sorry about the morning sickness but I understand how it might now make it more real. Hope the symptoms aren't too bad.

Sorry about the woman's insensitivity.

March 27, 2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

Twins! Wow!
Morning Sickness! Ugh!

....there is no escaping asshats, ignorant people are here to amuse us, surely?

March 30, 2006 4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home