Thursday, February 23, 2006

Fertilized Eggs.

We have FERTILIZED eggs. OMG.

We had the retrieval on Tuesday. Both of us. THEY FOUND SPERM!! YAHOO!!!!! We still didn't know for sure until Tuesday.... but now we know!! Unfortunatly they didn't get enough to freeze :( that means my poor dh will probably need to go through that procedure again :( that part SUCKS! but like i keep saying - this is "not great news" but it's NOT bad news. THERE IS SPERM! :)

They retrieved 24 eggs, 14 mature and 11 fertilized. Those are "good" numbers, at least i believe they are. For the first time i've allowed myself to think "this might work!"

The embryologist called again this morning (2 days past retrieval) to tell us that the transfer is at 10am on Friday morning.... and that 3 are doing GREAT, the rest are average... and of course lots can happen between now and 10 am tomorrow.

I think we're going to be transfering 3 embryos... at least i HOPE so. I NEED THIS TO WORK!!!

I'm far from getting my hopes up - but for the first time i now think there's a possibility. I cannot believe that there are now embryos out there with my dh & i's DNA. OMG. That by itself is a major accomplishement for us!

5 Comments:

Blogger x said...

WOW!!! I am so excited for you. 3 eggs that are looking really good is great news. Plus, finding sperm too - that is amazing.
I think you have every reason to feel hopefull, you have crossed alot of hurdles.
Best of luck tomorrow.

February 23, 2006 3:17 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

Congratulations sweetie!
I bawled when my eggs fertilised.....I couldn't believe it could work!
Hang on Tight! Wild ride ahead!
Very happy for you!

February 23, 2006 4:38 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Your fertilization report is VERY good. Glad you have 3 that are doing great! Good luck tomorrow!!

February 23, 2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Fertile Soul said...

Hey there, i just found your blog and had to quickly delurk to say THAT'S GREAT!!! Awesome! That's so exciting. And you know, if they can freeze some of those embryoes, then maybe those can be transferred in a later cycle instead of dh having to go through it all again.

February 23, 2006 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winifred, it's great things are going so well. Just one word of caution. With MFI your chances of IVF working are pretty good if the embryos look good, which yours do. Three might actually be too many. Talk to the doctor about it, ok? Triplet pregnancies are really really not a good idea.

February 24, 2006 4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home