Thursday, March 23, 2006

sometimes, things DO happen the way I want them to....

I've been PRAYING for twins since we found out we had to do IVF.

Today, our prayers were answered.

We're having TWO babies. DEUX. DOS.

I find it hard to believe mostly because if I had my way we never would have needed to embark on the IF journey..... so for something to finally go "our way" is amazing and border line hard to believe. Not only did IVF work, but we got what we wanted.

I keep feeling that it's almost like life is saying "sorry for the hardship, I hope this makes up for it...."

SO many people already know we're pregnant (like my whole extended family - which is huge!!) but we're keeping the twin thing secret for the first trimester.... I'm trying to find info on the vanishing twin syndrome -- because i'd like to know odds... but i'm NOT going to stress about it - there's nothing i can do right now but be positive and believe that this fall, we'll be taking 2 perfect babies home!!

Oh - the u/s went something like this "here - you have one beautiful baby and a perfect heartbeat. it's measuring exactly where it's supposed to..... pause, move wand... oh wait - here's a second one... " My reaction "ARE YOU SERIOUS??" it just didn't seem real the way the whole thing happened but OBVIOUSLY that's not something she can kid around with!!!!! She kept saying "YES, i'm serious!!"

we're having 2.
today, i'm 6w2d.... many many many more to go!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

My advice is don't freak yourself out by researching the "vanishing twin syndrome". I actually experienced it during this pregnancy, and it sucked. Just stay positive; you've got two little babies in there right now....which means that you're almost a 100% positively going to be a mom to at least one if not two in less than nine months!

March 23, 2006 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just a "lurker" but wanted to say congratulations. Staying positive is the best thing you can do for yourself and your baby(ies)!

My husband and I may decide to go through IVF-ICSI (also due to severe male factor) in a few months. We have our first consult with the RE on Apr. 10. I would love to be pregnant, and even more so to actually give birth to healthy twins! I am just reading lots of blogs and websites, trying to understand it all and make some sense of my feelings and opinions about it all. So much to take in.

What kind of "odds" were you given by the RE based on the few retrieved sperm? We have a low count (1 mill or less) and low morph/motility so I am trying to figure out how good our chances are of actually conceiving...

Anyway, if I ever decide to "come out" I'll maybe have my own blog...

Best wishes!
-scooter

March 23, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger x said...

YEA! I am soooo happy for you. I can't wait to hear what your having (girl/boy - what combo) if you find out.
I'm really hoping for twins too. I put a poll on my site and over 60% want twins so your living the IVF dream girl! Wishing you all the best!

March 23, 2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Twins...that is great!!!! Hoping all continues to go well.

March 24, 2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

That's wonderful! I too, have a two fantasy . . .

Congratulations!

April 05, 2006 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home