Monday, March 20, 2006

Thursday can't come quick enough.

I was visiting a friend yesterday and she said "oh, your u/s is already THIS thursday?" Um... you say that like it's SOON?? ha!HA! I said I think/hope that by then i'll manage to believe it's TRUE. Believe that I'm PREGNANT. We'll see.

Today I'm 5w6d.

Symptoms....
  • I'm EXHAUSTED (seems like that word is an understatement!) I'm tired all the time, which I wasn't expecting. From friends who have been fatigued during pregnancy and they usually say they'd fall asleep as soon as they got home - so from that i assumed they got really tired in the afternoon/early evening. No, to some that ment they were tired all day - but managed not to crash in public places!! Yesterday we were visiting friends and on the way home my dh really wanted to stop for a hair cut... I knew i'd look like a total zomby walking from the car to a bench i could sit on inside the mall - so i stayed in the car... which i find weird personally... but I slept the whole 30 minutes he was gone...!! That's how exhausted I am.
  • My boobs tingle. I wouldn't say hurt... many say that clothing/water/touch really hurts at times and i've felt none of that. I'll feel it sometimes to touch, but then i just don't. Often though i'll feel a tingly sensation.... Not too bad... but then this is coming from somebody who doesn't feel her boobs once a month like many women do.
  • I pee a lot.
  • The second I feel hungry I feel sick. Actually - in the past month i've only felt HUNGER once. Usually I just feel ill, so i eat and it helps. I try to eat really really well - so i'm forcing down food i'm not interested in, and i'm don't really feel hungry for - BUT this baby needs good stuff!! Besides - based on my actual hunger i don't think i'd have to eat more than once a day right now... and that would be BAD.
  • My AF like cramps seem to be nearly over. When I feel them it's always about an hour following my PIO shot... so i'm going to guess it's related, even though I can't find evidence.
  • My PIO shots hurt on and off - sometimes A LOT, sometimes it doesn't. It hurts more often than not now.
  • My butt hurts for some reason. Yesterday I was very uncomfortable - and i'm not sure why. Is it linked to the PIO shots? It's not where they're injected - that usually itches a lot and it'll hurt for a while after the shot - but i mean my actual butt. um....
  • My nails are weird. They chip like crazy - in layers almost. I usually have really strong nails... this is really odd......
And..... I'm loving it. Because every thing "weird" that happens in my body convinces me that it's real. I didn't make it up.


------------------------------------------------------

Other than that, I now have 2 new babies in my circle... One I met yesterday - she was born on the day of my BETA (so my dilemma of photographing the birth went out the window - she went into labour the ONE day i wasn't available!!) and the other was born on Saturday... Both girls.

4 Comments:

Blogger x said...

I am excited to hear about your u/s. They are much more exciting for IVF patients, we have alot more chance of seeing two then people normally would.
It's good to start making some "mom" friends.
It takes infertility to truly appreciate a pregnancy, that I am sure of. I am glad your is going well.

March 20, 2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Chastity said...

I went to bed at 7:30 and 8 P.M. most nights during the first trimester...I swear that part gets better.

As for your rear hurting; maybe you hit a nerve or something. That happened to me once too..except it was my leg instead.

March 20, 2006 3:58 PM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

It sounds like you're doing well. I'm very glad to hear it. :-)

March 20, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Glad things are going well. Can't wait to hear about your u/s...very exciting.

March 20, 2006 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home