Thursday, February 16, 2006

Last day at work?

Today might be my last day at work for 2+ weeks (possibly 3 weeks) but i'm not sure yet. I have an u/s & bloodwork appointment tomorrow... then we'll know if my next u/s is Sat. or Monday (although it could be some other day as well i suppose) So...

If it's Saturday --

  • we will spend the night in mtrl since it's a 3+ hr drive to get to the clinic and back to back days doesn't make much sense.
  • high chance that my retrieval would then be the Monday, which means i'm off work, for 2 weeks following the retrieval.

If it's Monday --

  • we come home and go back on Monday
  • high chance my retrieval would then be on Wednesday. That would mean technically I could come to work on tuesday but the psychiatrist we saw said that a few days of rest PRIOR to the retrieval is ideal - so i'm thinking because i get sooo stressed at work I will take the tuesday off as well. That means i'd be off for 2 weeks following the wed. So from tomorrow untill possibly March 9th.

Who knows really. In Jan. I was practically counting the hours of work i had left before being off for IVM..... and that all fell through and I had to come back to work (obviously!!) so this time around I'm taking it day by day and today has been the first day i've allowed myself to think "maybe this is my last day" and i've felt SOOOOOOO much better because of it. I even surprised myself in my ability to take things "day by day" - I thought that was long gone.



Besides all my hypothetical thinking, I think the hormones are now impacting my sleep - but so far in a minor way - no complaints at all... I did dream last night that I was somewhere (no idea where) and this girl was doing IVF and couldn't do her injections... and asked me if I could do them for her... and i was like "yeah, sure... i'm a pro at this - it's a piece of cake!!" ha!HA! how far i've come, even if only in my dreams!!! Oh - and I wouldn't wish the imaginary protocol she was on to anybody... you should have seen the amount of hormones she had to take..... I'm sure that stems from me thinking that the "drops" of hormones i'm injecting myself with must be darn amazing hormones to think that they do what they do... anybody else find that? The Puregon that lasts for 3 days and looks like drops is quite amazing in my opinion!!

Today I'm also feeling my ovaries (or so i think?) It's a nagging feeling - but not painful at all... not even a bother. I don't know if it'll get worse before the retrieval...

Today they're calling for horrible weather..... 5-10 cm of snow & 6+hrs of FREEZING RAIN overnight. Tomorrow morning they're calling for RAIN... on top of 6 hrs of freezing rain - it'll make for a potentially crazy drive... we're now planning on leaving at 5:15 am (maybe even 5) for our 9:30 appointment. Oh and the automatic car is out of commission at the moment, so we're taking the 5 speed, which sucks on the icy hills of downtown mtrl.

Today is Thursday. By this time next week... I will most likely be done my ER - and it will possibly be the day of my ET. NOW it's feeling a little more real.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fertility Faux Pas said...

Wow, you are really in the home stretch now. Only a few more days to go! Just be super careful out there on those roads. I'll be thinking about you. Good luck!

February 16, 2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Glad that you're taking a chunk of time off, I'm sure that will be a good idea. But make sure you've got stuff to occupy yourself with during the 2ww, otherwise you will go truly insane. Good luck!

February 17, 2006 3:43 AM  
Blogger x said...

It is real. I am so excited for you. It sounds like overthing is going good so far. This weather is awful - I had hubbie drive me to work this morning because of all the blowing snow and I know Ottawa got it alot worse then we did in southern Ont.
I hope your drive this morning went o.k.

February 17, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Taking time off sounds like a good idea. Good luck and I hope your retrieval is soon.

February 18, 2006 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home