Tuesday, May 30, 2006

16 weeks.

Oh my goodness! 16 weeks pregnant!

I did a quick self portrait yesterday morning - I'm impressed i got it in focus! (tripod + digital camera is not usually my friend!)



Yesterday I went to visit a friend who has a 10 week old... (her third baby!) and her sister was there too - she has a 6 week old... and the babies are the same size now. For about 2 minutes, I got to hold 2 babies - i think more to humour my friend than anything :) oh, and i say 2 minutes because one started to fuss and her mom took her. There was NOTHING i could do - i had my other hand completly full. Oh my goodness... what a reality check! Granted ours will start tiny and by the time they reach that size we will have grown together... and my dh will be home for the first 2 months... and his mom is minutes away if i need her at any point in time... thank goodness! Oh - and we also had to switch babies at one point - and it felt like the friends episode (the finale) where Chandler and Monica want to switch baby and can't figure out how so decide they'll wait till later... it felt like that! HA!AH!

On a seperate note, it's SOOOOOOOO hot here right now - I didn't sleep last night. Today, we're buying an air conditionner. I thought i'd survive - but frankly, i have enough issues sleeping - I don't need to add heat to the mix (it was 28oC in our room last night - and it's still may. It only gets worse :( ) And, I cannot imagine that our babies next summer would be able to sleep either in that much heat - so it's a wise investement. Our room and the nursery is in the "roof" of the house and only has 2 dinky windows at each end of the house for air circulation... stupid design for our area!!

16 weeks pregnant
, and finally off the anti-nausea medication... I think i'm going to be ok!! :) We get to see the monkeys on friday and I can't wait :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Fertility Faux Pas said...

What a beautiful self portrait! You take lovely pictures :) So glad to hear all is going well...

May 30, 2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

You look terrific. And congrats on being able to go off the ant-nausea meds.

May 30, 2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger x said...

That is a beautiful picture!

May 30, 2006 2:38 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

You look great...beautiful picture. Glad things are going well.

May 30, 2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger Chastity said...

Wow, you look great! That's a great photo.

May 31, 2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

What a great picture! You must be so excited!

May 31, 2006 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home