Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Second Trimester

FINALLY: 14 weeks pregnant.

As of today, we can buy baby things. I still have a hard time with that part - apparently it's harder than it seems.

I couldn't sleep last night - and today I'm COMPLETELY brain dead... I'm trying to accomplish work - and I simply cannot. ARH. Something that should have taken me less than an hour to complete will most likely take me all day - isn't that crazy? I can hear my bed calling me.

On a good news front - I got boxes of maternity clothing from a friend and her sister. They're saving me LOADS of money - i'm so unbelievably grateful! AND I was worried that i wouldn't have anything to wear at the end (being that this is a twin pregnancy!) and one of the girls is bigger than me - so i have clothes now that i doubt i'll outgrow (and wont be able to wear for a while!) I'm SO happy. The last thing i wanted to do was get new clothes when i'm 8 months pregnant... BUT staying in joggers for a month or more wasn't my idea of fun either!

For mother's day I got 2 movies on DVD (Erin Brockovich and Notting Hill) well - my dh gave them to me on Friday and said "these are for mother's day and really because you've had a really shitty day - i figured you might enjoy them..."

Other than that - we had his parents & sister over for diner for mother's day - my dh did most of the work since i'm still on somewhat self-imposed bedrest... he made salsa from scratch - it was really really good - but it was funny cause we ended up eating it warm - he never thought making salsa could take so long! (well, especially when HE'S cutting all the veggies! ha!HA!) And we had shrimp & scallops with pasta... overall a great diner! Oh - and my dh made french toast for lunch and decided that was our tradition on mother's day - but that it would be in the morning usually, not for lunch! He thought of making french toast after my bagel was already ready! :)

My mom and my brother wished me a happy mother's day... my sisters on the other hard believe being a mom only starts once you have a physical baby in your arms.

I have a dilemna about godmothers... together we have 3 sisters and we're only having 2 babies this time around. I was thinking of asking both my sisters - but one of them will most likely be away all year (10 months) and I refuse to ask her and have her NOT be able to attend the baptism... AND i am NOT baptising later for her sake. So depending on if she takes the job - i might not ask her. Another thing we need to do soon enough is ask my sister (the one who will be away for the year) if she'd agree to be legal guardian IF anything happened to both my dh & i. I want to have our will finished (well, started and finished!) before the birth of our babies... and it's weird. She's in NO PLACE to have children dumped on her - but frankly - what are the odds something happens to us in the near future or anytime at all? She's the ONLY one we both see leaving our children with. I don't know if she'll agree based on the fact that she's not in the right place right now. I guess another solution would be to have my parents accept to back her up UNTIL then kind of thing - because i refuse to put my parents as guardians - it's NOT their job.

Ok - too heavy of a topic... but i need to spend time/energy thinking about it and doing something about it...!!!

14w pregnant, and still tired!

5 Comments:

Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Wow - what a milestone!

That is great news indeed about the maternity clothes. That will be a relief not to have to worry about it as much.

Regarding the godmother dilemma - I'd say you should talk to your sister who's leaving, and tell her that you know she may not be in a place *right now* to take your future kids, but you really trust her and if (God forbid) something would happen to you, you would be honored if she would be the guardian.

I kind of see the godmother and legal guardian duties as different ones, but some people do them as the same people. It is certainly up to you.

Hope this helps in your thought process...

May 16, 2006 3:08 PM  
Blogger Chastity said...

Though we should have, we still haven't gotten our will in order. It's such a tough decision, especially when you've each got siblings that would make suitable parents. I don't even want to think about it.

May 17, 2006 4:40 PM  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Congratulations on making it to 14 weeks. It must be so exciting to buy baby stuff and maternity clothes. I am really excited for you!

May 17, 2006 6:57 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy and making it to the second trimester. Just read the whole blog to date to catch up. I was wondering which clinic you guys used in Montreal as my husband and I are working with one in Montreal as well.

May 17, 2006 10:46 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Just to answer your question on my blog (although I posted it there too)... :)

I thought you might be at the Royal Vic because you were referring to "the hospital". We're going to be cycling with Clinique Ovo once I'm deemed fully recovered from the July surgery. We're in Toronto but our donor is in Montreal which is why we chose to cycle there. Plus it seems that costs are much more reasonable there than in Toronto.

May 18, 2006 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home