Monday, May 01, 2006

HAPPY day!!

TODAY...... is my VERY LAST progesterone injection. THE LAST ONE.

I started injections (not progesterone, obviously!!) on Jan. 27th 2006. Today is MAY 1st. TIME FOR A WELL DESERVED BREAK I THINK!!

And... today is my birthday! I'm 27 years old... so for the next 4 months and 3 days I'm [a year] older than my dh. He likes to rub it in.

My mom and sisters came down yesterday and we went shopping for maternity clothes... hard task with me :( First - seems like 98% of the summer clothes don't have sleeves for some reason. ARH. I hate that. AND... everything is WAY too expensive :( For a summer dress, 2 tops, capris and a skirt and a 20% coupon on everything in the store - it cost 195$CDN. I don't spend that kind of money on clothes normally. I have a top that costs 50$CDN and I would never have paid that. They REALLY wanted me to buy shorts - and frankly - i hardly ever wear shorts... so there was just no way i wanted a 50$ pair. HELLO.

Anyways - I shouldn't complain - the whole thing was a gift and MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated. I can wear the skirt for sure right now at work... I'm trying hard to avoid looking VERY pregnant right now at work since we haven't officially told everybody we're expecting (although i'm sure most have guessed!) anyways - so skirt and a t-shirt for 2 weeks you think? No - i'm guessing that's not going to work. ARH.

Other than that - for some reason my nausea is HORRIBLE today... we had a vet appointment this morning for the cat & dog - so we took both cars so my dh could just go straight to work afterwards (i don't work on mondays) and I had to leave shortly after getting there because my nausea was WAY too bad. Um... what's up with that? :( I am still on anti-nausea medication :( now it's a little better - but not by a whole lot :( I had LOTS of work i needed to get done today and i thought i could - but it's 2:45 and i've done NOTHING. ARH.

And.... like the nausea is not bad enough - i can't stop crying - for NO REASON. I'm incredibly emotional/hormonal today... to a rediculous level... and MAYBE it's cause it's by birthday but frankly I never "care" that i'm getting "older" so it's not really... but maybe on an hormonal level it is or something. Who knows - all i know is that it's driving me NUTS.

I'm 11w6d pregnant and ending progesterone shots today. YAHOO!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger x said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a great B-Day present, no more shots. They must have been awful. I am doing the suppositories and much prefer that over a giant needle.

May 01, 2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger Chastity said...

Happy Birthday!!

Maternity clothes suck! They are WAY too expensive. I will never forget walking into this swanky maternity store, looking at a pair of jeans, seeing the $198.00 price tag, and walking out. Of course, they're not all that expensive, but it's ridiculous that stuff you'll only wear for about six months are more expensive than normal clothes. I bought most of my stuff at oldnavy.com (loved the bargain section and the $5 shipping), and gap.com for their pants available in long lengths...great clearance section.

May 01, 2006 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home