Thursday, May 25, 2006

hiatus: I guess it's real.

I just updated my business website. I figured I needed to do it fast - because i was getting many requests...

I am currently on maternity leave and I plan to accept sessions in the Fall of 2007.

To be on mat leave at 15weeks sounds kind of crazy - but I couldn't manage with my day job as well... goodness knows i wish it could have been the other way around - but the day job pays well right now... and my days are FINALLY limited there!

In Oct. 2003 when we started TTC I thought my days were limited there. Our goal was always for me to be a stay at home mom/part-time work at home mom until our kids are in school. In August of 2004 we figured "it can't be TOO far off, can it?" so I started working 4 days a week - so i could focus on my business. We thought it would be quite temporary. It's going on TWO years. FINALLY, now - in 3 months probably I'll be leaving that job for good. It would have felt more real 2 1/2 yrs ago than it does now, i'm sure. But it's true: after 8 yrs at that computer job - i'll finally be living what I want to live. Imagine?

On the flip side, my art has REALLY evolved in that time period - time that I wouldn't have had to dedicate to my craft. I'm thrilled at where my work is now - and happy I got to do the journey. Still not happy it took what it took for me to get there. I once told my SIL that... to which she answered "everything happens for a reason..." WHICH I STRONGLY DO NOT BELIEVE IN. No way was my infertility for me to evolve in my photography. I would have gotten to the same point, just on a different schedule. I guess the same can be said about parenthood for us - but I don't appreciate the journey i took to get to that. I have learned a whole lot on this journey - but still, if I had the choice: we'd be fertile.

I cannot WAIT to start up my business again in the fall of 2007. I already miss it... but i know that the next year will be exciting and worth the hiatus.

15w2d pregnant, but looking more like 25 weeks! Oh - and I haven't seen blood in a few days... maybe it's behind me! Either way - we see the babies in one week from tomorrow - can't wait! lets hope it's all cleared up and they send me on my merry way to a "regular" OB instead of highrisk! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

Look at it this way...you've got twice the baby in there, so maybe you should look like you've been pregnant twice as long...25 weeks sounds good to me.

May 25, 2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger Fertility Faux Pas said...

Sounds like things are finally falling into place for you. That's wonderful news. Enjoy your new found freedom!

May 26, 2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Glad things are starting to get better. Enjoy whatever free time you have. Take care!

May 26, 2006 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home