Tuesday, June 06, 2006

17 weeks.

17 weeks already. it's weird, I can hardly decide if it's going quick or slow. Somedays I find HORRIBLY slow... some days i can hardly believe we haven't been to the fertility clinic since MARCH, 11 weeks now. Wasn't that just last week?

I just bumped into somebody on my way to the bathroom (one of my many trips of the day) and she said "GOODNESS, I didn't know you were expecting a baby?!" (cause i guess i look way pregnant today! HA!HA!) I just said "actually, I'm expecting two!" to which she replies...

"WOW! your dh is doing really well, he sure isn't shooting blanks... ha!ha!"

WHY does that kind of comment make me want to punch people? I get SOOOOO annoyed. I just smile and nod and try to get out ASAP. I guess i couldn't exactly reply "actually, he IS shooting blanks, that's why we're really expecting twins... IVF, 2 embryos transfered, our odds were good of twins" I KNOW it doesn't matter - it's even probably GOOD that they simply assume we're ultra fertile... BUT it still bugs me... kind of brings me back to the darn comments "so, when are you going to have kids?" although not fully obviously (i don't think anything hurts as much as that!!)

Unrelated to this, last week my dh told a guy we work with that we're expecting twins... to which he answered "LUCKY YOU!" (and ment it!) My dh then said "Are you guys thinking of number 2?" (they have a dd already) and he said "yeah, eventually" and my dh realized right away that he had asked too much by his response... and his knee jerk reaction to "fix" it made it worse - he ended up saying "are you guys trying" which is the last thing he wanted to say - he knew he was just digging himself deeper... and knew how much he probably hurt the guy (by his reaction) :( I was almost in tears when he told me the story - he felt SOOOOOOO bad :( It's so easy to get our foot in our mouth, isn't it? Even when WE understand... no wonder those that don't get any of it do it all the time!!

We had an appointment with a high risk OB on Friday... the blood is COMPLETELY gone from around the placenta... YAHOO!! The dr. said "you're now on your way to a perfect pregnancy!" lets hope that's true! We've been transfered to regular OB care, which is fantastic!! We have our 18-20 week ultrasound scheduled (you know the ONE u/s that most normal women have... it'll be our FIFTH!) it's less than 3 weeks away - i can't wait... although i'm hoping that will be the last of u/s for a while... I can't believe how many u/s we're getting through this pregnancy!! Oh - and on friday we also got to hear the heartbeats... THAT was really cool! :)


I have a friend who's 18 days overdue today. How crazy is that? I say she'll have the baby today cause it's 06/06/06 today!!

17 weeks pregnant... and finally feeling human again!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am glad that you got good news from the doctor! I hope that the rest of your pregnancy is perfect.

June 06, 2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Fantastic news that things are going so well, winnifred. Congratulations!

June 08, 2006 7:06 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm so glad things are going well. I understand your feelings about the comment.

June 09, 2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger M said...

Congratulations! :) Awesome news!

June 09, 2006 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home