Saturday, October 07, 2006

34 weeks.

well, 34w4d.

The babies will be here within the next 3 1/2 weeks. OMG.

I'm still planning a natural drug free birth. I was just replying on a thread on a message board, basically defending my choice. I don't understand. WHY can't people understand that there are SO MANY ways for people to deliver and for each of us, our ideal delivery will be different than the next persons? So what if i want to go drug free? why does that ruffle people so much?

Tonight.... it went as far as saying that modern medicine should be APPRECIATED and has eliminated the need to go drug free. That "some of us" wouldn't be here (pregnant) without IVF. Um... ME NEITHER!!!! Doesn't mean that given the OPTION i would have opted to go through IVF. Call me crazy - but i would have opted for the old fashion, natural way... I WOULD HAVE HAD SEX ;) like normal people!! Now i have a choice on how I deliver... I consider that LUCKY.

Goodness knows there's a high chance I end up in a c-section - I KNOW THAT. High chance i end up with an epidural as well - I KNOW THAT. I'm ok with either - but they're not my first choice... that's all.

(can you tell i'm VERY hormonal?)

I'm at the point now where I REALLY don't want them to come yet - but at the same time I CANNOT wait for them to come. I ACHE everywhere... and I cry getting out of bed - which is about 5-6 times a night. I honestly think I might fall out of bed before this pregnancy is over :(

Last night we had thanksgiving diner. We have another one tomorrow. And we have a kitchen full of leftovers. No need to cook for quite a while :) I am missing 2 family gatherings this week-end - because i'm in way too much pain to travel to them :(

Talking about IVF (way above... not relating to thanksgiving!) I showed 2 of my close friends a bunch of photos i had printed recently... One of them was a self portrait I did a while back - way before getting pregnant - where you see my eyes and a book opened hiding/suffocating me as a symbol and you can REALLY read the title, it's a huge part of the photograph...(the book: Infertily SUCKS) I would say the image is strong... raw... REAL... sad even. One of my friends said "oh that's so cute!" I almost burst into tears. WHAT? Cute? last thing that crossed my mind when I TOOK the image, nor when i see it. I guess there's just different level of comprehension? I might try to post the photograph if anybody wants to see it - i just don't have it properly sized on this computer yet! Those 2 are the only 2 people that will see that photograph in real life. I guess i picked wrong.

34+ weeks pregnant, crazy hormonal again... and almost sure of our boy names!! (we've had girl names for A LONG TIME!! i think they were finalized before we got a BFP!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lut C. said...

People are a judgemental lot, and on the internet they're just not as careful of how they phrase things.

Then again, your friends say that your IF sucks picture is cute, to your face. HELLO!

They'll never get it. Never. But don't let it get to you, I bet they're supportive in other area's of your life. Remember to ask them to do a lot of babysitting. :-)

October 08, 2006 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home