Thursday, August 10, 2006

happy...

Yesterday I had an OB appointment - everything went well :) In 2 weeks I have an u/s, an OB apt, my 1hr Glucose test (that i'm nearly convinced i'll fail) and also I will probably get the RhoGAM shot... goodness!

and i'm HAPPY - because Jenny finally got her POSITIVE! YAHOO!!! I smiled all night because of it!

And i'm happy because yesterday after my OB appointment I went to a fantastic fabric store... I was in heaven! I bought some fabrics for some of my projects - just wanted to share - because I'm in love with them! (ok, strong word - but SO happy to have found them!!) I just wish the fabric store was closer to my home - then again - probably not since i kind of have to stop spending money! ALTHOUGH - these helped me SAVE money - so i'm happy...

First, I'm making 2 ring slings (if you're not sure what a ring sling is - check these incredibly beautiful/expensive ones www.oopababy.com)



Close up of the beautiful paisley - it's an accent on the sling...


And... these are for my diaper bag!!


close up of outside material...


On top of it I got good deals that i wasn't expecting - so that's always a bonus! The green material (which is a little brighter in real life!) was 2$/m :) and the brown material for my sling was 12.99 for THREE meters (buy one get 2 free!) YAHOO! My slings are costing me about 12$ each - when beautiful ones easily cost 80$CDN EACH!

My diaper bag is also cheaper than most diaper bags - but more importantly - i have issues with 99% of the diaper bags out there for some reason?! So - price wise it doesn't really compare - cause any other bag would have annoyed me i think! (ok - annoyed is a strong word!!)

Now... I should get to cutting my fabric! YAHOO!!

2 Comments:

Blogger x said...

Thank you so much for the congrats! I haven't stopped smiling yet. That sling is so cool. Any thought to selling them on your blog?

August 10, 2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger Emmie said...

Your fabric is beautiful! If you sell the slings on your blog, I will be a customer no doubt as soon as I see two pink lines for myself. Feeling hopeful thanks to you, Jenny, and Meg!

August 11, 2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home