Tuesday, September 12, 2006

31 weeks.

Already? I know - i seem to say that every week - but really? i'm OVER 30 weeks?

Symptoms wise - i could be doing better -- but at the same time I could be doing a whole lot worse... I'm not complaining... the biggest physical symptom is really bad carpal tunnel... i wear a sexy brace to bed at night... my left hand is numb - and the tip of my fingers have lost all feeling... and my right hand is following... talk about an ODD sensation...

I've had fetal movement stress these last few days... The movement i feel is so weak that i keep wondering if i feel it at all :( I go hours without feeling anything... but then I realized yesterday with my hand on my belly that i felt movement in my hand, but it didn't even register before i felt it in my hand - which frankly is weird? I finally had a meltdown yesterday... My dh is INCREDIBLY suportive... BUT about this movement thing he keeps saying "yeah but the odds of something being wrong are so slim... i'm sure it's all fine" Yesterday when he came home from work i was napping -- and when i got up I lost it... "I'm stressing about the movement AND about you always telling me it's FINE... we don't know that it's fine..." I KNOW he thinks i'm reading more into this because of a girl i know who lost her baby at 39 weeks -- but it's NOT related to that - i'm HONESTLY nervous...

I finally just said "i'm SO stressed" and immediately I got through to him... He said "do you want to go to triage now, or wait till after diner?" So we ate - thinking it would increase movement - as it always does... i lied down for over an hour after diner and counted a total of 5 weak movements :( I had been drinking cold water too - cause that is supposed to help... anyways - i finally called the hospital -- she said "drink a cold drink, sugar or not, and count for the next hr and call back..." and sure enough baby A woke up! I counted 25+ movements in that next hr... I mean i WAITED over an hour to call - i didn't think that would do it - but it did?! Baby B i only felt like 6 in that hour (maybe 10 in the 2hr) and she said she was happy with that -- that unhealthy babies wouldn't give me this much movement...

Bottom line: the call itself let me finally RELAX!! I'm still not sure why i'm feeling so much less - but at least i'm feeling "enough"... and tomorrow I go for an u/s to check up on them :)

Last week at my apt I was measuring 38 weeks. I was actually 30 weeks. NO WONDER i feel like i feel... I'm officially in waddle mode :( but i'll get over it!

It's starting to freak me out to think that the babies COULD be here in like 4 weeks. OMG. Not super likely - but the average is 35/36 weeks at the hospital we're at... so it COULD happen!

We've met with a few doulas and we've nearly booked one :) and she's a photographer as well - so i'm completely excited!! She said something that was like music to my ears when we met... "I don't believe in fake encouragement so I wont be yelling "you can do it! you can do it!" while you're in labour..." the minute she left i turned to my dh and said "I was sold when she said that!!" and he knew it!! When we did our prenatal courses a few weeks ago - they showed a video with a doula that was really "encouraging" that way - and when the video was done I said "goodness, that would drive me up the wall!!" ha!HA! so it was funny that she actually said that! :) i am happy!

Fall has been cool so far - and i'm beyond happy! It's been soooooo nice!! my dh is almost ready to turn on the heat (or close some of the windows i wont allow to be closed) and i'm BOILING. Goodness how times have changed... last fall I had to BEG to turn on the heat eventually... he's very energy ($) conscious -- it's really funny/odd to have the roles reversed this year (although mine has NOTHING to do with $ - just comfort!!)

We've started doing some of the baby laundry - cause we got SO much stuff at our shower... now it very much smells like baby in the nursery!! :) I bought a jug of Ivory Snow, just for the smell really... I think we will just use Tide Free for the rest of the stuff - so we're not spending a mini fortune on detergent!! Although I might have to buy another jug first... i really like the smell :)

Ok - enough babbling...

31 weeks pregnant and starting to realize that we might actually be taking 2 babies home this fall??!?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

I used to get really freaked out when Lila wasn't moving so much too. They give you all these numbers to go by and then when baby doesn't meet those numbers it gets very stressful. Maybe your little ones are just so cramped in there there's not much room to move around :).

September 17, 2006 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home