Tuesday, September 05, 2006

30 weeks.

OMG. 30 weeks. 70 days until 40 weeks... and the odds of me making it all the way to 40 weeks are SLIM. OMG. It's starting to sink in, i think.

I had my shower on the week-end... well, one of my showers... the big one. It was nice... I thought i'd be a basket case - but i survived... I think i realize WHY i wasn't such a basket case... because MY family "grounds" me in a wonderful way... and unfortunately - i live over an hour away from them... and only 5 minutes away from my dh's parents... so GUESS who we see more often? And i've decided that my MIL is driving me nuts... and i can only share that here apparently - because everybody else just answers "yeah, but she's just excited..." FINE - i get that - but these are still OUR babies and you'll be the GRANDMOTHER - they're not "yours" as you keep referring to them as.

The shower started quite late - although it was fine since we were all just chatting... but it was because my mom didn't want to start without my dh's family there (mom, sister, aunt, friend of the family x2) they all came together... they were over an hour late. When they finally got there they said "sorry, we didn't realize how far it was..." arh. FINE, you're late for whatever reason - but the NIGHT before i was telling her EXACTLY how long it would take her... so don't say you didn't expect it to take that long?

Also, last night they came over for diner... which was nice... and we went through all the shower gifts... when i mentioned that i was going to wash the clothes soon before the babies are here she looked at me like i had 2 heads :( What? you're going to WASH all these NOW? it was like i would RUIN them even before the babies got to wear them... Um... EVERYBODY washes their baby clothes before they arrive?? or at least before the babies wear them? She kept saying "don't bother..." um... they're GETTING WASHED!!! Even my dh said "what? who knows how much dust and stuff can be in those and how many hands have handled them at the stores and such??" Oh - and i think what got to me the most yesterday was how she was talking to my dh... "oh poor you, you look soooooooo tired..." i swear sometimes i'm sure she says things like that cause my dh is taking such GOOD care of me... he does almost everything here - but he's not complaining... but then on the flip side, last week when he mentioned me backing into the tree and FREAKING out that dh would be upset (which was crazy - i know - he never gets mad at me...) anyways - she couldn't stop saying "what? if she reacts like that it's probably cause you act like that... you need to offer SUPPORT... not make her feel bad and get mad at her..." and he kept saying "NO, those were her hormones - of COURSE i wasn't going to get mad at her..." (again, he really never does!!) i'm starting to think she's got to be just as hormonal as me - because her behavior is all over the map!!

I know i'm sounding like a baby - i get that. I know I just need to let go - i know. I'm pregnant - and my hormones are beyond logic.

Sunday was my dh's birthday... we spent the night at my sister's (where the shower was) on Sat. so Sunday morning we had a birthday breakfast before heading home... the Sunday before had been my mom's birthday - but she was out west for a wedding so we didn't get to celebrate - so we did breakfast for both mom and my dh... and had left over baby shower cake for birthday cake :) ANYWAYS - i've been made to feel quite guilty about it :( My SIL couldn't be at diner on Sunday... so she "missed" my dh's birthday... and APPARENTLY that wouldn't have happened IF we would have COME HOME from the shower on SATURDAY and have been able to do breakfast on SUNDAY morning with his family. I guess MY family doesn't matter. I guess the fact that I REALLY didn't want to have my shower and "rush back" home, leaving people still there (the last guest left at 9pm - typical with my family...!! and i KNEW that would happen!!) and I guess fact that I REALLY didn't want to celebrate my mom's birthday like a month late means nothing. it's unbelievable how often i heard "oh poor SIL had to miss A.'s birthday....... " like that's MY fault? Yeah - i know she had to work (in town) - FINE - but A talked to her just before 8 and she had to go cause she was on her way out to a movie to relax (she's overworked these days!) anyways.... instead 30 minutes later she could have been with us, to wish her brother a happy birthday - if in fact it was such a big deal.

What i feel worse about -- I haven't gotten my dh anything yet for his birthday :( I haven't been doing too well - and i've been home most of the time - so i have yet to get him something. NEED to get that done!

Tomorrow is our 3yr anniversary... we got married at an outdoor location and we're planning a picnic there (with takeout from one of our favorite restaurants) tomorrow night :) we also get to see the babies again! :) Lets hope they're still vertex!!

30 weeks pregnant, still thinking this is a dream most of the time... I keep thinking if i actually come home with 2 perfect babies it'll be a MIRACLE...!! and...... my heartburn is SO MUCH WORSE!! but it's ALL WORTH IT! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lut C. said...

There are always people who feel they need to send others on a guilt trip. WHY!

It's good to see you're coming along well.

September 05, 2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Sorry for the guilt trip. Glad you had a nice shower.

30 weeks...how exciting.

September 06, 2006 2:44 AM  
Blogger Chastity said...

Your husband's family sounds like a pain. My MIL totally gets on my nerves; she thought our baby was going to be "hers" before she was born also, but I've put my foot down consistantly. Oh, and everyone washes that baby clothes before the baby wears them...that's completely normal.

September 09, 2006 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home