Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter... or not.

I'm heading to a family gathering. I don't know who will all be there - but many. AND...... They'll ALL manage to comment on me showing. Which freaks me out. It's NOT normal to be "showing" at 9w5d. It's because of IVF. This is my first pregnancy - not normal that i'd already be in maternity clothes. To top it off - i like the top i put on - but it's a maternity one and i think it makes me look like an easter egg. Other than winter tops - NOTHING fits me as of today apparently. I'll just smile and nod, but in the end - if i was them i'd find it WEIRD that I was showing. Who will bring it up? (my family isn't very quiet!)

I wish i wasn't going. I knew it would be smarter to stay clear of 99% of my family while in my first trimester - WHY did easter have to be now? (kidding)

Oh.... and they need "before and after" maternity tops as well - then again - maybe they do... but this top i'm wearing was the best i could pick out that didn't have a HUGE poutch... it's stretchy - which means for me it probably wont fit for long - but that's ok. At the very least for today - it's LONG enough. and it makes me look quite pregnant.

Anybody else find that you WANT to hide it because it's too early??? not even 10w. come on.

ok - end of bitter rant.

3 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Good luck today & Happy Easter...I was out of my normal pants by the day that I had the beta. The IVF cycle made me very bloated and added five pounds of "bonus weight" before I even knew I was pregnant. By 10 weeks I was "showing" and exclusively in maternity clothes. Not to mention -you've got 2 in there!!

April 16, 2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger Chastity said...

Girl, I hid it until I was almost 16 weeks. I wore anything I could find that helped hide my new body. You're probably showing so early because it's twins...double the baby in there.

April 16, 2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

Coming in late here . . . hoping the Easter gathering was at least OK.

Having been through OHSS twice, I can relate in a small way. I had this intense fear both times that someone would ask if I was expecting. (sadly I was not)

I wish you could keep your secret for as long as you need to feel good about sharing it . . . I also wish you could wear the belly proud, but I know infertility steals that from most of us.

Hopefully no one said anything too upsetting. Family can be such a challenge!

April 17, 2006 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home