Friday, April 28, 2006

RED.

Red GUSHING blood. NO KIDDING.

11w3d pregnant.
woke up at 4:15 am SOAKED in RED blood. Got to the bathroom - pulled undies off - RED RED GUSHING BLOOD. LOADS of it.

I managed to NOT panic until I had cleaned it all up - semi assured myself that I thought the bleeding had stopped... went back to bed and LOST IT. Thank goodness for my dh.

We both showered and moved slowly - i wanted to know for sure that the blood had stopped. Got to the emergency room at 5:50 am. No u/s at this hospital - but only thing the doctor could do for us - so said "stick around - when you're "here" you're an emergency so we can get you an appointment at the hospital in town ASAP - we'll come see you at 8 am - that's when they open." It was TEN am by the time they came to tell us "here you go - you have an "emergency appointment" for tomorrow morning." WHAT? i have to wait till TOMORROW??? I would have gone straight to my fertility clinic - but it's 3:30 hrs away in the morning and there's no real chance they could have done much (although i'm guessing they would have done an u/s) but i figured if i started SUPER bleeding again - being in the car was the last place i'd want to be.

It hasn't come back - we came home and napped for 3 hrs (we were SOOO exhausted) and now i'm just praying I don't freak out before now and tomorrow morning. How i'll manage to sleep tonight is now beyond me.

For half a sec in the bathroom - horrible thoughts ran through my mind...
"my body just rejected 10,000$ worth of babies - how useless am i??"
"my sister shouldn't have gotten me involved or even talked to me about the intervention we have to do with my brother. I told her i wanted nothing to do with it till i was WELL into my second trimester because I wasn't going to be able to live with a tragedy due to stress..."
"my SIL shouldn't have told anybody we were having twins - i'm going to be VISIBLY mad at her if in fact we've lost one after we asked them ALL to keep it 100% PRIVATE"
"i shouldn't have gotten so worked up last night when the cat was pissing me off (regular occurance here - he likes to attack me for some reason :( "

and then some.

of course i also had the "of course something like this HAS to happen - you hear SO often of "blood" issues in pregnancy and none of it had happened to me - it was just a matter of time..."

:(

Yes - pitty party of one here (or two - my dh is pretty freaked out too - although convinced everything is fine) The one thing that keeps me going is knowing a girl who had this happened at week 8 ish and she's still pregnant with twins well into her second trimester. there's hope. right?


Oh - the 'good' news is that the dr. believes it's most likely just something that "happened" and that things are fine. He said miscariages would typically not stop bleeding and i'd have cramping - which i've had NONE of. He said he'd normally be most worried about an ectopic pregnancy - but since we've seen our beanies at 6w he knows that's not the case. he said "sometimes just having sex can bring this on..." yeah - NOT what happened last night. ARH. oh the stress....

4 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

OK, keep telling yourself that if you were miscarrying a twin there would at least be SOME cramping; I've been there, there would be. And if it makes you feel any better, even after I miscarried the twin and everything got better again...I started to bleed..just like what you're experiencing now. There was no reason for it; it was never explained...it just happened. It totally freaked me out...it went on and off for weeks..enough to make me crazy. And everything ended up being FINE! I write that with my baby sitting in my lap. You ARE OK...the BABIES ARE OK. Say it over and over until you believe it.

April 28, 2006 5:27 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Darn..hopefully this is nothing. My friend had some bleeding(lots of bleeding actually) and was freaking out and it turned to be nothing..she now has a healthy baby girl. Hang in there and keep us posted. Thinking of you. Hugs!

April 29, 2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger Mony said...

What a horrible experience for you! Take care of yourself & your precious cargo..

April 29, 2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

What a nailbiting, gutwrenching, awful situation. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

April 29, 2006 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home