Friday, August 04, 2006

37w2d?

Do you think i'll have my babies before then?

My gut feeling says "YES! who do you think you are thinking YOU'LL go further??" and part of me thinks "I SURE HOPE NOT!! I don't want to have these babies until 40 weeks - but i'm good with 38+"

Well... My SIL is going on a trip for most of October. She gets home when i'll be 37w2d. My dh is actually hurt... since he can't understand WHY she has to go THEN. (there's NO reason!) She keeps saying that she'll be home for sure and wont miss the birth... So maybe she knows something I don't? It's one of these "convincing herself of..." kind of thing - because i can't comprehend her confidence in this. I personally don't care if she's here either way - cause I seriously can't even think about it (i've got other stuff on my mind!)

The part I don't understand at all - is that her close friend delivered in June at 33w5d. Perfectly HEALTHY pregnancy - all of a sudden develops signs of pre-e and bang - steroid shots and emergency c-section. Those are things that are MORE common with twins - but she's 100% sure that's not happening to me. Good for you for being so confident - but um... i'm not THAT confident?

I was "sent home" from work at 24 weeks mostly because I'm showing signs that are a little more advanced than I should at this point... she knows this. She just booked her trip in the last few days - so she knew prior to actually booking. BUT i wont have my babies until 37w3d? (cause the day she gets back would still mean she misses it)

None of it actually matters - my sister wont be around when the babies come because she'll be on a 9 month contract out of province (she'll hopefully be able to come home a few times within the year to visit though!) but either way - she wont be here. She wishes she would be here - but she knew when she took the contract that she wouldn't be here for the birth and it's obviously FINE. My SIL can't shut up about the fact that SHE WILL BE HERE AT THE BIRTH. that's the part that makes this frustrating - cause SHE COULD HAVE STAYED HOME or gone on her trip earlier or later... again - it doesn't matter - BUT stop "convincing yourself" of lies, you know? (i know quite a few people who tend to live their lives that way - and i happen to be way more of a "matter of fact" kind of girl!!)

Weirdest part -- we were at my inlaws yesterday and my SIL had mentioned her trip and then had to leave... and I said "oct 26th means she'll most likely miss the birth" my MIL's reaction? "NO - she wont miss it - why would you say that?" WHAT? it was like I was lying or something... Everytime I say i'm due mid-november everybody tends to answer "yeah - but they'll come in October..." but APPARENTLY only after Oct. 27th. Sure.

Again - I HOPE she doesnt' miss it - because I want to make it to 38+ weeks.

Sorry for the vent - it bugs me mostly i think because it's bugging my dh so much :(

Other than that - thanks for the replies to my posts... yesterday I felt a HUGE amount of movement - which was quite reassuring!!!

** Oh, and by "being at the birth" I mean meeting the babies in their first hours of life - NOBODY but me, dh, our doula and the medical team will be AT the birth ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lut C. said...

You can choose your friends, but not your family.

I say call her bluff and demand to see that crystal ball! I'm sure you'd love to know exactly when those babies will be bord.

Take care!

August 05, 2006 3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home