Tuesday, July 25, 2006

24 weeks.

Today is 24 weeks...

Thanks to those who replied - things DID get better!! I took friday off - i needed to take time to get back to earth and it helped alot!

I have an u/s tomorrow and a dr. appointment too. I have things to "bring up" basically for the first time. Well, not true - obviously i brought up that whole blood episode that lasted for weeks (between 11w and 15w) but other than that - things have been going pretty well...

This time though - i have to bring up that i have a swollen hand... it doesn't look much different than my right hand - but it feels a whole lot different... I've read it can be a sign of carpal tunnel syndrom - we'll see. lets hope not... then again, seems so minor!!

The biggest thing is that I've officially surpassed the pain tolerance for sitting. Well, I can tolerate it just fine - but after a while I can hardly get up. Yesterday I had friends over and I did a quick photo session and i made lunch... seriously - i was moving at a turtle pace - NO way was I "overdoing" ANYTHING... They were over for about 4 hours by the time they left I could hardly stand/sit... after they left I finally got to lie down... my dh came home from work and I tried to get up and screemed so loud... I couldn't do it. He looked at me and said "i think you need to be off work SOON!" considering that pain was from doing next to nothing as it was... anyways - sure enough - today is horribly painful at work... I have a HARD time getting from my desk to the washroom - which frankly isn't far. I seriously feel like i need support... I keep leaning on cabinets or walls...

ALL OF THAT and I have this nagging feeling the dr. will reply "well, yeah - you're pregnant!" and it's surpassed being "normal pregnancy symptoms"... I'm almost convinced it must have something to do with lingering scar tissue from an accident yrs ago - but nobody can actually confirm that.

Weirdest thing - as much as i'm DYING to never have to come back to work - i might go stir crazy at home :( Then again - i have doubts the drs will take me off work for THIS - but then again, i'm not sure how i'll manage to go on...

I'm re-reading this and I sound whinny and like I just need to SUCK IT UP... and both are probably true... but it's been 3 weeks now that I almost cry everytime I have to get up from my desk... I don't think it's normal.

Other than that stuff - I finally got my patterns in the mail yesterday!!
Check these out!! I got the Nappy pattern & the Café Apron... the apron is for christmas gifts - I'm planning on making at least 4 - so i better get to it!!

I also got 4 sets of rings i purchased to make ring slings...

Now i have to go fabric shopping!

I also have a new self-portrait - but I can't seem to upload images at the moment... I'll come back and add it later!

Crazy realization... It's 5 months until christmas TODAY. That means that in FIVE months we will have babies that are a minimum of FIVE weeks old. That means delivery will be OVER (i'm terrified of giving birth!!) that means that we will probably have somewhat of a routine (that the babies may or may not care about ;) ) IN FIVE MONTHS ONLY. Imagine?



24 weeks, stuffed up and very greatful that the heat wave broke for the week-end... although it's back for this week :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home