Sunday, October 22, 2006

I'm ready.

I'm no longer terrified of labour. I'm ready. I am positive that's why mother nature decided to make me ache so much!! I think you cross over this line where you can hardly tolerate the pain and then you realize that labour is OK and even welcomed. A few weeks ago I was totally terrified. I was obviously not in enough pain.

Everyday it hurts SO MUCH MORE than the previous day... BUT it's all worth it :) I'm also getting more and more hot i think... It's 14oC in our bedroom and I can sit there naked for hours and not be cold one bit. Actually - if I stay long enough i get hot. It's 14oC. I'm still wearing flip flops outside and i'm not cold. It's A LOT colder than 14oC outside. THIS IS NUTS. If it doesn't go away as soon as I deliver I wont be able to sleep in the same room as the babies... THEY can't be exposed to 14oC. That's rediculous. My dh is at the end of his rope too - i think he's turning on the heat tonight. I'd be opening the window. NO JOKE. I've never imagined it could be like this??? ALL i can say is THANK GOODNESS it's fall and no longer summer - i probably would have passed out by now. Last week one morning i was SO sick/uncomfortable... I opened the doors and brought the house down from 18oC to 15oC and I felt better. I realized I was overheating. At 18oC, imagine.

Yesterday we got fish :) Our aquarium was SO pathetic... We tried to stage it properly when we moved a while back - but we failed and killed all but one fish. We have a huge tank (55 gallons) and we had ONE fish :( Now we have 6 :) and we'll be cycling it properly and eventually we'll have 20+. FINALLY. it looks full of life again - we bought plants too (we have such issues with plants - it's CRAZY!!) hopefully these will do well... it looks fantastic - and it's like instant "better mood" for me! We have an open concept home and it's in the dining room but you can't avoid it from the kitchen and the living room - so it was "abandoned" right in our living space...

I asked my dh last night if he thought there was such a thing as a labour dance (you know, like a rain dance or sun dance...) and he said "i'm pretty sure that if you attempt ANY dance at this point it'll bring on labour!" ah!HA! I'd wash the walls but i can't physically do that at this point... although i think i'm going to wash our windows right now - cause they're annoying me like there's no tomorrow!!

PLEASE send labour vibes my way!! :)

36w5d pregnant and READY to meet these little ones!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am at the point now where I am terrified of labour. What did you do to get over it? I'm 29w3d right now, and not sure what to think! Any good reading material you suggest?? I've found your blog, and been reading it for a short time, and decided to should say hello. Please email me at graphicdesignchick at hotmail dot com to get an invite to my private blog, which is private due to my brother's ex-girlfriend stalking me! Anyhow, just wanted to say hello as well!

October 22, 2006 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home