Monday, January 30, 2006

SHE'S due in April.

Who could that possibly be?

My 22 yr old cousin. Single (the guy is apparently long gone). Living on her own. NO job. Due... in April. You know, the one you wouldn't trust to dog sit for the afternoon?

Now... we ALL know life isn't fair. We've not only been told a million times - but we know from experience - because frankly if life was fair, nature would take it's course and IVF would never be. We'd ALL have the families we want at this point.

BUT why oh why must we be reminded of this with such horrible examples. This is horrible. YES - i'm terribly jealous. BUT all that aside - this child will NOT have a great start - unless her parents play a huge role in this. And of course, like everything - i could be wrong... but i don't think so.

Her brother & his wife suffer from infertility as well. They're the only people in my HUGE family other than us, to my knowledge that suffer. I'm not close to them... other than knowing that they cannot have children I know nothing else. I was led to believe the issues were with her (which is why i never needed to know more really, since we're not related, she's my cousin's wife - therefore her dx couldn't be related to ours) I know that they've been trying for 6-7 yrs... but I have no idea of any diagnosis or anything... Imagine how much more hurt they must be by this?

A slap in the face....

4 Comments:

Blogger Lut C. said...

Ugh. Just ugh. Some days, you should just stay in bed.

January 30, 2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger Winnifred said...

that's EXACTLY what I was thinking today ...... thanks....

January 30, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger x said...

That just sucks. I hate pg announcements, even more so when it is for someone who really doesn't deserve to have it happen so easily.

January 31, 2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Winnifred said...

thanks N & Jenny...

That's what bugs me - that she really "isn't up for it"... I'm from a fertile family (which i'm hoping will do ME good through this since we're dealing with MFI!) and I've had many cousins get oops babies... but none like this - you know?

I'll get over it ;)

January 31, 2006 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home