Tuesday, January 31, 2006

BCP - done!

off the pill, again - for what I hope is the last time for say... 1 1/2 to 2 yrs? But then that's what I said when I went off on Jan. 2nd and my cycle had to be converted and just like that - 11 days later i was back on the pill. This time - the cycle WILL go through.... and.... I WILL get pregnant. So there. (yes, hope the b. has crept in.)

I started my injections on Friday. Piece of cake - can't believe how worked up I got myself over them. But then I'm an artist - which I think makes me overdramatic sometimes... and being the only "artist" in the family - i swear I feel like nobody else cares at time because they're so under-dramatic. But i'm getting over it. And I'm convinced my dh typically likes my "overdramatic" being - although not when it's negative... which these days it seems to be.

I do think i'm feeling the effects of the injections - a little. Yesterday with the news about my cousin and the fact that UPS messed up the status of my package AGAIN by error on their part I LOST IT. I couldn't stop crying - and frankly - it wasn't that bad.... I'll blame the injections - maybe it's just a combination of too much stress, but I'll blame the injections.

I have to come into work 8 more times probably before my 2 weeks off. BUT then again, the last time I thought this was the case, it turned out to be pushed - so this time i'm not getting my hopes up too high on the number of days at work thing. I really hate coming to work. I don't mind my work - it's just everything else it seems. It's also because a LONG time ago we decided I wasn't coming back to work after we have children.... and..... we've been trying for 2 yrs and 4 months. I should have left this job well over a year and a half ago. That's a LONG TIME to keep going "day by day till i get pregnant..."

I am thankful for the career I currently have - without it it would be nearly impossible to think of doing IVF... or at the very least of thinking of doing it more than once - and I still want 4 kids. So I'm thankful for that. I'm also thankful that that means I never had to be a "strugling artist". My personality wouldn't have handled that well. So I'm grateful for this job... I am.

I read in somebody's blog the other day that she has 2 full time job:
Her career and Infertility. And just like that I realized that I was feeling the effects of 3 - my career, my business and infertility. No wonder something had to give. I'm currently on a break from my business and although I miss it terribly - it has done wonders for me. I do find it difficult at times to have "free time" something i'm not used to at all - but the free time has done a lot for my sanity... and for that i'm thankful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lut C. said...

Go cycle go!

January 31, 2006 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home