Monday, January 23, 2006

4 more days

until the shots start.

I feel so much more comfortable with this whole process this time around, for some reason. I'm not sure if it's that i'm more confident in IVF or if perhaps it was too soon after the rush of christmas and i wasn't feeling prepared - not sure...

I've been stocking the freezer full of our favorites... Last week-end I made a HUGE pot of spag. sauce... we have enough i think for 8 diners... NOTHING (for me at least!) beats home made spagheti sauce when you're feeling down!! Last night we made our favorite enchiladas recipe and I have enough to make enchilads 4 more times!! Today I made my favorite soup and froze 9 portions!! And I'm about to start diner - making a huge stew with dumplings and we'll manage to freeze 3-4 diners. We also have chili & a favorite rice dish in the freezer! I think that as the *hell* begins we'll manage to eat "good" comfort food for a change... instead of convincing ourselves that we do not want to cook, and really - pizza isn't THAT bad for you, is it?? :(

On a seperate note, I've been reading a book -- "Good in Bed" by the same author of "in her shoes". My friend lent me this book - and I'm starting to think she really needs to hurt me or something. The book is really not what i should be reading right now... A while ago in the book I found out the main character got pregnant, by accident -- yeah, right now - not the greatest thing to be reading about, oops babies. I see my friend the day after i was at that spot in the book (we work together) and I said "um... did you remember she was pregnant?" and went on to say that I forget quite quickly what hapens to characters I read - for some reason... give it a year or 2 and I have very little idea and passing on a book knowing I liked it is something i'd do - but i wouldn't really think of how that could impact the person reading it. To that, she answers "Of course i knew she was pregnant - I remember the whole story line, even the dogs name!" Ok... so tell me... do you think that she's a) lying? b) trying to hurt me? or c) completely oblivious? Ok - JUST the character being pregnant wasn't the biggest deal. She delivered at 30 wks and the baby at this point where i'm at is still in intensive care and they had to remove her uterus so she'll never have kids again. I was in the ugly cry last night while i was reading :(

Worse, she brought me this book shortly after i told her that i was out of reading material so i had picked up an old book of mine that has a chapter from the author's next book at the back. I NEVER read those chapters - they annoy me cause i don't have the book to keep going (just like i'm not fond of short stories - they're too short!) anyways - that chapter i was reading as an attempt to relax in a nice bubble bath... but the of 2 characters described one had just lost a baby and one was pregnant. I told her how "yeah, not the best reading meterial when all i want to do is escape all this stuff...." and then she brings me that book.

So - brings me back to my question - what do you think?
is she... a) lying? b) trying to hurt me? or c) completely oblivious?

I realize i'm probably too sensitive... but yesterday I had these horrible feelings of "i don't know how i'll manage if this doesn't work...." and then i start feeling really bad thinking that thoughts like that will CAUSE this cycle to fail - which of course is rediculous - but bottom line i was in a bad/sad mood yesterday.... and that book just wasn't helping. A. told me to stop reading - but i am completely anal about finishing books i start. ARH.

Ok - enough negativity. Things WILL be ok... although i'm fearing the election results this evening... but i'll get over that too!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lut C. said...

Completely oblivious, with a severe lack of empathy to make things worse.

Didn't she get it when you asked her if she had remembered the plot?

January 23, 2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger x said...

I am almost sick about the election. I am going to tear myself away from blogging any minute to watch the resuls.
Your friend should be more sensitive, why don't people think?

January 23, 2006 9:27 PM  
Blogger Winnifred said...

thanks girls :)

that's the part that bugs me lut - that she obviously didn't "get it" when i asked her about the plot. BUT this woman tends to "hear you" but not actually listen to you... you know the kind... you say something and they're next thought comes out of their head and you KNOW that it's what they were thinking of saying before you even spoke.

Jenny - i think so too - thanks! I guess that's what i expected - that i shared with her our "crap" expecting she'd be sensitive - but i was wrong. I don't need to be handheld through everything - don't get me wrong... just a little thinking goes a LONG way. This journey SUCKS the last thing i need is to deal with stupid remarks ;)

January 26, 2006 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home