Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Damn hormones.

I'm sitting at work - and i can't stop crying. I'm going home soon - taking the afternoon off sick cause i can't function... why you ask? NO IDEA - other than my hormones are probably completely out of whack right now?? who knows. I had a HORRIBLE evening last night... I had to drive home myself (which RARELY happens) and after a full day of sitting on my butt i can hardly drive. I was in SO SO SO much pain, i was almost in tears when I got home. My movement isn't restricted (otherwise i would obviously NOT drive) but going from gas to break is PAINFUL :( and just sitting in the car is painful. ARH.

So i got home and seemed to throw everything off. I couldn't do ANYTHING - i was just in pain and in a bad mood. I've spent months doing nothing - now i finally have energy back and STILL i could do nothing. I went to bed crying.

This morning I thought of staying home - but i was still in a weird mood and thought that as much as I didn't want to go to work, I didn't want to stay home either. Isn't that PATHETIC?? So i came to work... and now i'm going home. I think what i'd love most to do today, on the first day of summer and it's a beautiful day here would be take my dog on a long hike in the park... BUT.... of course I can hardly walk AND i can't walk my dog ANYWHERE - he pulls way too much.

So i sit here and cry. My dh came in my office awhile ago - i lost it. Finally got it back together and 2 seconds later he calls me from his office, i lose it again. I NEED to go home - before i lose it on somebody else. (by losing it i mean break down in tears)

I also spent last night FREAKING out at what the future might hold. Not the kids - but the staying at home/part time business thing. I've worked SO HARD for this... THIS is the plan. It's been the plan for YEARS now (since it took us so long to get here!) I AM TALENTED - AND I CAN DO THIS... but yet with the pregnancy hormones I doubt myself to the point of tears. I fear failure more than anything else... and i'm afraid right now that that's where i'm headed... although at the same time, i have no real reason to believe that. ARH.

I was doing so well - is it that it's getting to me that i'm TRYING to enjoy this pregnancy? Am i NOT ALLOWED TO ENJOY - even for a few days? Are the stars SO against me that they can't just "let me be"?

At this rate - i'm thinking i'll need tomorrow off as well. And then friday morning is shot because of our u/s appointment - so i'll have to tolerate friday afternoon... I think i can manage. Shitty part is that i should be keeping my sick leave for when i'll need to go OFF work completely... I want to avoid the reduced pay of disability. But since I can't function at the moment - i'm MUCH better off at home.

Here's that photo mention in yesterday's post... even that doesn't make me smile today - and I LOVE that little girl more than anything right now! The real photo does have my head in it - but i chopped it off for the blog! Anyways - I find i look MUCH more pregnant than i actually look - photos do that sometimes!

3 Comments:

Blogger Fertility Faux Pas said...

Don't beat yourself up. Pregnancy can be hard, even for us infertiles. Despite the fact that we've wanted this for so long, it is still scary when it actually happens. Maybe you and your husband can go to the park and have a picnic this weekend? That way you can be out, but you don't have to walk around a lot. Hoping you feel better soon.

PS Beautiful photo!

June 22, 2006 8:22 AM  
Blogger x said...

I love that picture, you look gorgeous!

I hope that the hormones and crying subside. IF'ers should get an "easy" pass for pregnancy, you've been through enough already!

June 23, 2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

June 23, 2006 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home