Tuesday, June 27, 2006

DAY 1000.

It was 1000 days ago today that we started TTC.
Last Thursday was exactly 1 year since we found out that my dh's SA was ZERO. Azoospermia.

Today, I'm 20 weeks pregnant.

We're due in Nov. and our third anniversary is in Sept. From the outside looking in, it really looks like "we've planned things perfectly..." Oh how things are NEVER what they seem....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week-end was quite productive... On Sat. my mom, dad & brother came over to install the clothes line my dh bought me for my birthday (after MUCH begging... he doesn't get how i can be so obsessed with a clothes line!!) It's FANTASTIC!! I can't wait to be able to use it (we had to wait because the poles are in concrete - so it had to set) and....... now it's calling for rain ALL WEEK!!! Oh well - soon enough - i'll get to use it :)

Sunday we got up... my dh said "want to go out to breakfast?" which is always music to my ears!! So we did that and then went to order our cribs, thinking they wouldn't be in (we knew which ones we wanted... and no joke - it's a crib sold at both walmart and sears and it's 100$ cheaper at walmart...... times that by 2, and that's a lot of money!) Anyways - another location had one in stock - we got there and they actually had lots in stock - so we got both our cribs!! A. set them both up this week-end... and we moved things around in the nursery... it's starting to really feel real! My parents also brought my dresser from when i was a kid over - we have to strip it as well as my dh's dresser as a kid - and paint them - and we'll be all set! Actually - we'll be all set after I find a rocking chair somewhere (why are they ALL gliders???)

On Friday we had our fifth u/s... the anatomy u/s where they basically measure EVERYTHING! Well - both babies were showing us their backs, so they didn't get a good look at the hearts & profile.... so we go back in 2 weeks! they both look great, measure exactly where they should (19w6d and 20w) and their heartbeats were 148/136. They both weigh approx. 12 ozs each... they've doubled in size in three weeks!! As of the next u/s - they have to start doing transvaginal u/s as well to check the cervix... oh joy! I haven't had one of those since March 23rd - and frankly I can't say i miss them!!

I have my first "regular OB" appointment tomorrow... and i have this nagging feeling i'm going to have to have a pap test done... I wonder if I can talk my way out of it? I think i've had my share of speculums for the year... maybe they'll see it my way? (doubt it :( ) I HATE THE SPECULUM can you tell? (ok, i don't know many who like it - but it's a cause of anxiety for me!!)

Thanks for the words of support in my last post - I was seriously losing it... I'm better now - MUCH better... although i've realized that I'm WAY more anxious than my normal self and I can't make decisions to save my life. I was never the most decisive person - but now I CANNOT make decision - it's really driving me crazy!!!

20 weeks pregnant and trying to accomplish things so that we're not too last minute... I STILL have nightmares that the babies come and we have nothing - even though we have 2 cribs set up inches away from our room!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

"Why are they all gliders?"

Because gliders are easier. They may not look as sweet and traditional, but they are awesome b/c you can put your feet up, they don't squeek, and you don't have to work to get them to rock.

June 28, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

What a journey you've been on! And now Twins! The best. We're gathering stories like yours and would love - when you have the time - if you could drop by our blog...

June 29, 2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger x said...

I am so glad to hear that your ultrasound went well. You must be starting to get really excited. I am sure you will be ready.

June 30, 2006 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home