Tuesday, July 04, 2006

21 weeks.

we're completely over the half way mark now. wow.
This is also my 100th post!

I'm feeling more and more movement - although I went through about 48 hours where i hardly felt anything - and it was freaking me out. I don't feel alot - but i now tend to feel daily - so not feeling anything was stressful... We get to see the monkeys on Friday again... so that should reassure me!

My first order of cloth diapers came in the mail on friday! So i spent part of the week-end prepping them...





The nursery is also starting to look more and more like a nursery :)

I've also bought material to make wipes :) and to make my diaper bag... just waiting for the pattern to arrive! Oh - and i've reasearched the best slings for twins and how to make them - hoping to be able to make a few... I might end up buying 2 Mei Tai's but I will probably make my own ring slings... can't imagine paying THAT much for say 4 slings :( they're crazy expensive - but at the same time I can't imagine NOT having slings for when the babies get here!!

On the IF front - this week-end I was absolutely beside myself reading a board i used to read all the time. I was in so much pain for the women/couples on there... I was litteraly in tears wondering how come i've made it. Wasn't it just a few months ago I was asking "why me?" now i'm asking myself why me again - with a different question??? what is wrong with this picture?? I still think "WHY US?" about IF - cause we're still infertile. But at the same time, i'm so greateful that IT DID WORK for us - that i hardly want to allow myself to think "why us? why are we infertile?" thinking the gods might punish us. It's one messed up concept IF :(

I also need to start acting out about IF. I need to start putting preasures where they should be put. Not that I think my little voice alone will be heard, but anything is more than nothing. I emailed the local IAAC chapter girl about their latest newsletter saying I needed to start doing something about IF because I KNEW i couldn't go through treatement AND fight at the same time, i'm just not strong enough. She replied that it was really good that I was still willing to do something about it now... and that MANY can't fight and go through treatement at the same time... She added that most patients, once they get pregnant or have a baby, become completely silent. And I can easily see that happening for many - I can even see it happening for myself, I KNOW i tend to be lazy - even about things i REALLY care about... BUT that's motivation enough. WE NEED TO PUSH.

I'm normally the kind to sit back and keep quiet. And even my dh said "but do you really think anything we do could make a difference?" and really - i don't know the answer... BUT i keep thinking that if women hadn't put pressure years and years ago - perhaps we STILL wouldn't be voting. IMAGINE NOT BEING ABLE TO VOTE? That is inspiration enough. Why live live like a bump on a log? SPEAK UP!! :)

21 weeks pregnant and feeling like although we still have a million things to do - we're getting a little more prepared. Good thing, because *if* we end up in the "average" at our hospital for twin deliveries - in 3 1/2 months (or less) our babies could be here. GOODNESS!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chastity said...

Wow, good luck with the cloth diapers. Your a better woman than me if that works out for you.

Lila doesn't love her sling like I thought she would. Sometimes she really seems to enjoy it and then others she won't have anything to do with it. I have a New Native.

July 04, 2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger beagle said...

Wow, that is a lot of diapers! Makes a great picture! Just wait 'til they're all poopy! :-)

July 08, 2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

That's a lot of diapers. You are really getting prepared for things. It's great that you will be making things. Let us know how that goes.

July 10, 2006 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home