Tuesday, July 18, 2006

23 weeks.

23 weeks and terrified again.

An online friend of mine after FOUR years of secondary infertility and finally getting pregnant natrually lost her baby at 39 weeks within 8 hrs of her SCHEDULED c-section. There was a full knot in his cord. It happened friday - I found out Sunday and couldn't stop crying. A wonderful photographer friend took photographs for the family and I forced myself to watch - because she's a friend... and I cried so much more... My dh tried as best he could to console me... but he too was very confused.

how does that happen? HOW CAN LIFE BE SO CRUEL?

Since then I've been terrified. I can't stop praying that my babies will make it here HEALTHY :) I know what happened to them doesn't happen often... but it's still scary.

Other than that - I felt a kick with my hand for the first time this week-end... I think it was baby B kicking hard - but it could have been A - i can't REALLY tell! My dh "kind of" felt it - i felt about 3 strong kicks but only the first was REALLY really strong. it was a really cool feeling. Hopefully A. gets to feel it soon!

We've been to the beach 3 times in the last 4 days to cool off... it's been SO nice... it's awesome having a beach that's 15 minutes away... and we go in the evenings and it's always really quiet! it's been helping me feel better too, physically!

On the nursery front - my dh finished one of the dressers he was working on - he stripped it and repainted it - and it looks FABULOUS. The next dresser needs sanding and repainting - and should be done next week-end... I can't wait - it's coming together!

Other than that - the heat wave we're having these days has seriously taken it's toll on me. I cannot handle the heat when i'm NOT pregnant let alone when I am... This extra weight and blood isn't helping me much at all :(

I stepped on the scale this morning... +29 pounds at only 23 weeks. SHIT. BUT it'll ALL be worth it!!!

23 weeks and I can't shake how cruel life can be sometimes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home