Tuesday, July 11, 2006

22 weeks.

Today, i'm officially huge. I stepped on the scale... and hit the wall in front of me! ha!HA! Last time I got on (which i don't exactly remember when but it was in the last 2 weeks for sure) i don't think i was that close to the wall! ha!HA!

Yesterday I visited a friend who has a 3 week old :) and brought her a handmade wrap (kind of like the cuddly wrap at www.peapodcreations.ca) by handmade i mean i simply cut stretchy fabric I already happen to have :) It worked GREAT and she's totally in love with it :) I took photos - i'll try to share tomorrow. She can now walk around hands free and take care of her toddler :) she also said she had the most relaxed diner she's had since they came home from the hospital :) Her baby fell asleep almost instantly in it!! I'm SO happy she was happy with it :) I have one too for when the twins come - and I can make more I still have lots of fabric left over. I also ordered rings from www.slingrings.com Now I just have to buy fabric to make a few ring slings... I figure I can make them for less than 20$ including the rings - and the nice ones sell for like 80$CDN - so i'm happy :) I'm thinking of making that same friend one as well :)

On Saturday I cut fabric to make 75 wipes... that's a WHOLE lot of wipes!!! I'm done sewing 25 of them :) and by the week-end i should be all done... :) they look fantastic (for homemade, imo) - my friend wanted to buy some! :)

Last friday we had another u/s - everything still looks great. They're almost both at a pound each right now! :) Next one is in 2 weeks - and they'll start measuring the cervix at that appointment... can't say i've missed the wand, but i'll get over it!

the babies are moving more and more too - i feel them daily now - just not as much as I know i'm about to start feeling them :) It's really really really helped me relax to feel them - i kept thinking it would help me relax - but i seem to do that ALL the time "let me just get to the next stage and i'll relax" and sure enough there would always be more to stress about. At this point, I can HONESTLY say that I feel MUCH better and I feel like I'm almost normal. I *almost* feel like I fit in with the pregnant crowd these days - which is a surreal feeling. I'm guessing it wont last - but i'm going to enjoy it while it's here. or try to.

Oh - and thanks for the comments on the cloth diapers :) it's going to work out - it's our ONLY option - especially now that i've bought the diapers :) I'm NOT going back to work after the babies come - and we might save 4500$-5000$ by doing cloth diapers with twins... I'm willing to do A LOT to save that kind of $ (plus the whole env. thing - i much prefer this way...) besides - this keeps up a tradition... nobody's been diapered in disposable diapers on my side of the family (cousins yes, but I was in cloth, my mom was obviously in cloth and so on... :) )

22 weeks pregnant and having a hard time sleeping - but other than that doing GREAT. The heat & humidity has been quite bad here and i've been slacking on my water intake - so I've been swelling - not pretty. I hope i can keep my ankles for a while longer before they disappear.. :)

Oh and for a visual of where i'm from, check out Jenny's blog - she just vacationed in my province and had a blast! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home