Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ONE Baby!

ONE. A heartbeat on a tiny tiny tiny being was seen yesterday.

I don't think any other single even in my life has been this life changing or even made me THIS happy. The alternative for the next long years of my life was looking sad. This is life changing.

The ONLY reason I would have jumped for joy for twins again is that I really wanted 4 or 5 kids in my life -- and this is our last pregnancy and very most likely our very last child. And I'm ok with that. Four would have been lovely -- but I'm happy either way. And I might convince my husband to do some fostering later in life or something... or at least I can change my vocation and work with children more if I need to.

the one thing that wasn't a dream yesterday was the ultrasound tech. She made about 10 references to being crazy for transfering three. ONE including "I would NEVER transfer three" I was too giddy to reply like I wanted to - and I'm sure that's why she takes liberty of daring to say such things. Knowing patients are on a high they wont reply. When she said she would never ever transfer three I felt like saying "please, give me details of YOUR ivf cycles and tell me how many you've transfered..." or "right, and how many failed cycles have you had?" or "have you seen my chart? Being an ultrasound tech makes you capable of an opinion on the quality of the embryos we produced and you understand that THREE were absolutely going to implant. You're so smart... so why am I only pregnant with ONE?" (one is GOOD!)

but i've let her attitude go (although frankly I believe a complaint should be filed) because we're incredibly HAPPY. never happier.

wow.

5 weeks till we tell our 2 monkeys who will then blab it to the world :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

YAY! Isn't that little being just amazing?! I've never fell in love so fast with someone before I saw my son... You are so right, truley life changing! Congrats!

May 26, 2010 10:24 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Great news. Congratulations!

May 26, 2010 2:58 PM  
Blogger Lut C. said...

Fabulous news!

And yes, a complaint would be in order against that u/s tech.

I find my boundaries are shifting as time goes by. At this point, I'd like to tell my doc to transfer whatever makes it to day 3 ...

May 26, 2010 4:20 PM  
Blogger rahul said...

Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.


IVF Fertility Clinic in Glasgow

June 18, 2012 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home