Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 6 of Stims -- IVF #3.

We started our third IVF cycle last Monday. Well, really last month -- we were supposed to cycle last month but because my period ended up 5 days late for a second cycle in a row (that hasn't happened ever since I've monitored my cycles since like 2003). Also, I had a cyst. First time in ALL of my scans. Again, that's a lot of scans over a lot of years. never anything. AND because of I was 'late' -- then the dr. was going to be out of town.

So back on the pill I went, to time my cycle properly with the urologist's schedule.

I'm doing a short protocol this time (plus bcp for scheduling purposes).

I started stims on Monday the 12th. Second scan on Friday -- i have 28 small follicules at the moment. Last time I was on Gonal-F I very nearly overstimulated... this time I think things are going better -- because although I feel the effects on my ovaries in the evenings -- I don't really feel them during the day and I'm pretty sure last time I did very early on... who knows though...

Next scan is Monday, the 19th.

Our province is about to start paying for 3 cycles of IVF... and it's supposed to start in june sometime, gradually -- whatevevr that might mean. Of course when we paid for the cycle it was still quite 'up in the air' and had no dates -- but even now, I'll have to see it to believe it... we decided that waiting for the gov. for this was not an option for us, we're tired of empty promises... because of this -- the clinic is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO QUIET. It's wonderful.

This post is quite rambly omg. I just really wanted a record of where we're at.

Also -- I thought I'd add that I'm a HECK OF A LOT LESS STRESSED this time around than ever before. Last cycle I was sooooo stressed, it was crazy. I just re-read some of my posts and can remember the emotions - the freakouts. In contrast to THOSE days I feel quite relaxed, zen-like even. I don't even understand HOW that can be, but there it is.

The injections are too familiar, like I have done them daily for years. I normally triple check everything, freak out a little then inject -- but not this cycle. I inject in seconds and go on with the evening, only reminded a little while later that I did inject when i realize that maybe I need to stop trying to do anything during the evening and just be.

Like right now -- kiddos are sound asleep (my son is sick but we have no clue what's bugging him - and it's beend days :( ) and i'm about to watch a movie to try to relax. Or just sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lut C. said...

I also have the impression that I'm more detached from cycling than before Linnea was born. She's just the best distraction around.

Good luck with your cycle!

April 18, 2010 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here via cycle sista!! I've just started ivf #4 but i'm only on day 3 of stims so am a little behind you.

I think its a massive achievment to stay zen-like throughout your cycle, in some ways it gets easier the more times you do this doesn't it?

Anyway, stay positive and stress free and I look forward to following your progress.

April 25, 2010 5:17 AM  
Blogger Winnifred said...

Thanks girls.
Lut -- I wish I could say it was post kids that did it -- my last cycle I was SO stressed I almost had the shakes the whole time -- besides myself.

I have NO idea what caused this zen-like behavior, but i'll take it!!!

April 25, 2010 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home