Monday, June 14, 2010

seriously. seriously.

My brother just called. He's going to be a dad too in January. This is NOT good news -- and I'm guessing he thought I was being a little bitchy by my reaction. he doesn't have stable income and neither does she -- I think they've been dating for 6 months - well I guess a little longer than that but we first met her at Christmas time. She's REALLY nice -- so that's not the issue at all. at all. She's from a great family -- and I'm sure they'll be good together in the long run (well, I SURE HOPE SO!!!)

but OMG. My family is FULL of accidents -- but when it hits this close to home it's even harder to swallow. Due at the same time as me. wow.

Without kidding I think I would have needed some anxiety pills had I learned that news after having failed a cycle that would have had me due at the same time. I shouldn't think like that -- I AM pregnant -- but it's really hard not to think of the whatifs.

So now there are FIVE babies due on ONE side of my family in JANUARY. All in ONE month. (well, I think we're all due in the span of 2 weeks) but nobody knows about our pregnancy yet. (in the extended family)

I don't know if my brother knows of our struggles -- I'm really not certain. He wasn't in a great space when we first started going through IF HELL -- and I'm not sure if it's ever been shared with him - although i'm guessing so since 80% of my extended family knows... i just felt like telling him that with all the emotional and financial investements I had in creating MY family -- it was hard to get excited about HIS oops.

I pray good things happen to them... for the sake of my niece or nephew. OMG. (will be the first child born in our family that doesn't belong to my dh & i)

omg.

9w3d pregnant and feeling HORRIBLY sick; HORRIBLY. I have this HORRIBLE taste in my mouth ALL THE TIME -- which means I'm forever eating stuff to minimize it but the minute i'm done eating, the taste comes right back :( I really really hope that passes at the end of the first trimester -- I've read of women having this throughout their whole pregnancy :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Roccie said...

Yeah, I am jealous of your brother just reading about it.

Keep food in your belly. Try sour Jolly Ranchers.

June 15, 2010 10:43 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I hope things turn out well for your brother and his family... but it is kind of unevenly distributed, isn't it?

Good luck with the sickness and may it go away soon (with the taste). I found a low GI diet helped a lot, FWIW.

Bea

June 21, 2010 6:58 AM  
Anonymous Ranbeer singh said...

Kiran Infertility Center is a Super Specialty Facility dealing in Infertility Treatments and Surrogacy in India. An ISO 9001- 2008 Company, with its cutting-edge technology, world-renowned experts and a patient-centric approach, has been a dominant player in the area of Fertility Treatments and is one of the oldest surrogacy clinics in Hyderabad and Secunderabad offering IVF Surrogacy in India.

March 04, 2014 6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home