Monday, January 31, 2011

The beginning of recovery.

Our precious third child was born on January 21st. And so begins my journey into recovery. I've realize that it somewhat compares to an adicts life :: once infertile, always infertile. (unless of course you're cured which we cannot be.)



This is our last child, unless we enter the world of adoption at a future time. I am soaking up every second while grieving for something that is out of my control. I choose to now begin my journey into recovery instead of holding on to the fact that infertility is in control. Because it is. IT chose that we would be done now, though has also granted us three amazing children. Blessed doesn't seem to describe how I feel. We won our battle against infertility even if it still holds some control over us. Over me. I shall learn to live with it. Just like an addict where it never fully goes away, the infertility feelings will always linger but I will try my best to not allow them to take over my life again. I've dedicated more than 7 years of my life to it (5 since diagnosis) and I AM READY TO BE FREE.




She arrived after many hours of labouring and a scary emergency c-section -- but she is absolutely perfect and we are all in love.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lut C. said...

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!

I hope you find a way through those lingering feelings of IF.

January 31, 2011 4:14 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Congratulations!

And good luck with moving on. I'm glad you're ready to be free.

Bea

January 31, 2011 4:57 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Mazel Tov, she is gorgeous (of course!). Thank you for letting us know that she is here.

February 01, 2011 8:07 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Congratulations! She's lovely.

February 01, 2011 11:50 AM  
Blogger Joey said...

Congratulations to you. Thanks so much for posting. You've said a lot of things that I think.

http://thechildlessmom.blogspot.com

-Joey

March 11, 2011 1:49 PM  
Blogger Gil said...

She is beautiful. Thank you for posting and letting us know she's arrived safely.

I always pop back to your blog; yours was the very FIRST blog I stumbled across all those years ago when I was dealing with my own circumstances. And when I found your blog and began to read, I learned that you aren't all that far from me (near Canada's capital) and that you went to McGill, just like we ended up doing. For these things, and for so much more, I want to thank you. You inspired me and there were many days your words kept me going. I would send a snail mail note if I could, but without your address, I can't. This will have to do instead.

As you move forward with your family and enjoy your children, know that your blog touched me, and likely many others. For that, and for so much more, thank you.

Much love and many hugs,
Gil

March 21, 2011 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home